Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hitting the ground running

After what seems to have been almost a month out of the gym...between injury, wedding craziness, work, hunting season (special white wing and then regular dove season) and personal/family stuff, I unfortunately put running and working out on the back burner. I have a tendency to do that because I feel selfish when I take that hour or two to myself when I know there are so many other things I could be doing to help out or contribute.

I am officially 46 days out from the wedding so it is time to kick this thing into high gear!

The Plan::

Dietary - Dave and I complete a Whole30 back in January and we really enjoyed it. It made us look at our food very differently. So we are going to do our second round starting October 1 (the full month before the wedding). I am actually going to be finishing a juice cleanse the first two days but I don't think that is a big deal. I found a juice bar close to my mom and dad's that provides 5 day plans so I am looking forward to actually trying something other than what I make at the house.

Monday's snacks....orange-carrott-apple-mango and kale-apple-kiwi.
Never-mind the picture of the deer in the background...LOL I am counting down the days until deer season which happens to be the weekend before we are getting married!
Since my last post I have been using my new blender to make my blends! And I must say I do think that is a better way to go than juicing on a consistent basis. I seem to feel full longer and I do get all the vitamins/nutrients from the fruits/veggies that I use. I store mine in mason jars which makes for easy measuring, transportation to/from work, and cleaning. Monday's recipes were orange-carrott-apple-mango and kale-apple-kiwi.

Fitness/Exercise - it will be back in the gym atleast 4 days a week, running and completing toning workouts. If the bootcamp that takes place at our local park is still going on I will be there two days a week.

Yesterday's afternoon workout consisted of.......

A little sore today but it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment