Friday, September 5, 2014

Juicing + Smoothie = Joocie in my book!

When Dave is gone on hitch (usually a week at a time) I have a tendency to eat better than when he is home. Mainly because I only have to worry about me and I don't mind meal prepping and eating the same thing 2 or 3 three times. With that being said I am 60'ish days out from our wedding and I am going to adopt Joe the Juicer's Reboot Juice plan but with one meal a day.


I have tried his juicing plans before but never lasted as long as most people because I truly love to eat. Because of that I think I set myself up for failure. Plus with being an athlete/active person, there are just certain things my body needs to function.


The last round of juicing that I did I had a few people chat with me about juicing vs smoothies. I learned that juicing is great however in doing so there is great loss in the vitamins and nutrients because all you are getting is the juice - not the fruit/vegetable itself. If I had a better juicer I could add all the pulp back into my juice but I think for this first week 

A few articles I found to help better explain the difference:





I am going to take the juice recipes that Joe provides and instead of juicing everything, I am going to try throwing it all into my brand new blender so that I can get all of the vitamins and nutrients from the ingredients. 


I also did find smoothie recipes on his website and I am going to throw those in the mix as well.

So my actual plan.......Breakfast will be a smoothie, 10 AM & 3 PM snack will be juice or smoothie, lunch will be a protein shake and dinner will consist of a lean protein, vegetable and a small amount of starch/carb.
I am hoping this well help me slim down a bit before the wedding.

Random side note - I was surfing the internet and read an article about how you can train your body to crave healthy foods versus the bad/fast foods that most adults in the US usually eat. I know that when I am really 100% watching what I am eating I do start to notice that I prefer healthier foods over maybe a breakfast taco! So fingers crossed this helps me navigate through the holidays without craving all the foods that taste so good but aren't the best for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment