Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Monday Miles

My never miss a Monday mantra didn't hold up last week as I was coming back from Fredericksburg but I stuck to it yesterday! And as I am getting dressed, Woodrow can't help but think he gets to go too. It is what I get for taking him out last week. 


I think I am going to keep up my Monday miles with him. I don't like to do a long run on Monday's because I usually do HIIT and spin. He keeps me at a pretty good pace and is getting better at running next to me. I am hoping the more I take him out, the more he will get used to the routes and smells....not sure I can take having my arm almost jerked out of socket because he wants to smell the stop sign! Just to give you an idea....Woodrow is around 4 years old (he is originally my husband's dog but I swear he love me more) and weighs almost 100 lbs!


HIIT last night was a little different. Evy decided to incorporate more moves from her martial arts playbook. It was fun, different, and make me miss when I used to do kickboxing back in San Antonio years ago. 

Update on my shins: I pretty much have to be taped and wear my sleeves if I am going to run. I went back to running in my Asics but Tom gave me inserts to help with arch support. I bought two Dr. Cool wraps for my calves and icing helps a bunch. I am not really sure why over the last three months my shins decided to start acting crazy. If this really continues through the spring I am going to have a gait analysis done to see what else I need to be doing to keep from being in such pain after my runs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment