Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2 PR's Saturday


Friday night run didn't go according to plan. 
Really wanted to get in four miles but my shins weren't having it.


I slept taped up and with my compression sleeves on Friday night so I could get through my Saturday morning community 5K. And to my surprise I actually had two PR's!
 Fastest 1 mile - 9:13
Fastest 5K - 29:03


Our community 5K is held the first Saturday of the month. They have been going on now for around 2 years or so. This time we had a bunch of kids....I think they started a running club at one of the local elementary schools. 


I made sure I had my Dr. Cool Wraps ready for me when I got home. And I must say they are awesome and totally help. I am so glad Evy told me about them. 


My friend Val had sent this to me and asked if I wanted to be her date so we could save $5. Yoga isn't so much my thing even though I know it is good for runners but craft beer is right up my alley! It was actually a good class and I enjoyed the company. 


Spent the evening chatting with a friend sharing some Texas Red watching the sunset on North Beach. Her boyfriend and my husband both work in the oilfield for the same company so when they are gone we usually get to catch up with life. 


Dave and I are members to two wineries in Fredericksburg and Sunday they both had their pick up parties. What better way to spend my Sunday afternoon than with my friend, my parents, and some good wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment