Thursday, February 5, 2015

Selfie stick problems

Selfie Stick Take 1

Selfie Stick Take 5

Selfie Stick Take 7....I think
 I got a selfie stick for my birthday and finally decided to try to use it. It was pretty comedic. If anyone has any tips/tricks please let me know! I was heading out for 4 miles Monday when I decided to try to use it. I did 1 mile warm up, 3 x .25 sprint then .25 walk, then finished out the rest of my run through the neighborhood back home. 

HIIT was before spin so I did that and completed day 2 of my Plank Challenge for Feb! 

I am pretty sure if  Sara had an IG she might be cranky about the sneaky pics I take of us in spin and post!

Lunch while at work.....cheap, easy, healthy!

Tuesdays mean Core class after my run and before spin!

Still smiling! Tuesday was day 3 of my plank challenge
but by now my shins were killing me!
DINNER!!!! Thrown together leftovers included cubed sauteed chicken then I added pasta salad
from Sunday and broccolli salad


OK so let me explain........I originally posted this on my IG account Tuesday night 
In need of tips/tricks/suggestions/advice....whatever you think will help. I have been getting shin
splints on the interior of my legs. I've had X-rays done to see if it may have been a stress 
fractures and it's not. I just got new shoes - New Balances and I am a neutral heel striker. I 
don't have any runner friends in the small town I live in to pick their brains hence taking to 
IG for help. I follow/learn from y'all and would love if you could help me!
----------
So the picture (excuse my non-socked feet) - my instructor from the gym taped me 
up tonight. I had YouTubed instructions and she did it similar to what I saw. Is it correct 
for runners? She taped me more on the inside since that's where my pain is.

OK so since then I have received some awesome feedback on my IG account. I purchased some 
KT tape, two Dr. Cool wraps for icing, and I am going to look into the six foot drills on YouTube. 
If there anything else that I am missing please pipe up and tell me!

RANDOM FACT - so my office is at the top of these stairs to the left.
I must go up and down these stairs at least 5 to 7 times a day!
Wednesday was a rest day for me this week. Had to go get dog food from the feed store instead of running before church small group. The dogs have to eat too right?

If you are doing the plank challenge with me this month....how is it coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment