Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Back At It

So Monday started my training for my 10K in January but I do have two races this month. Saturday is the Bill Dodge Memorial Run and then I am running in my first Corpus Christi Road Runners Turkey Chase on Thanksgiving Day!

About two months or so ago I joined our "local" running club. About as local as I can get is Corpus Christi which is 45 minuets away. I can't make the social runs during the week but I do plan on running in every Runner of the Year Race plus a few fun ones on the calendar. 


Monday's run. It was even better getting into the gym and running into a friend and getting
complimented on my crazy leggings!

Started at 5.7 and increased .1 every .25 miles eventually ending at 6.3

So far this week I have made back in the gym Monday and Tuesday, taking it easy with just over two miles. My Nike+ Coach says I need to get in 12.5 miles this week which will be no problem! My legs are sore but it is a nice change to be able to run and workout than worry about wedding stuff. 


Totally excuse my red neck (I got the chain in the mail when I got home from the gym so I had to wear it) but this is a wedding present from a friend from work! The charms are from Stella and Dot. A horse shoe for luck, an H for my new last name, and our wedding date engraved on a "dog tag". How cute is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment