Saturday, November 22, 2014

Rain or Shine...And God chose rain!

This morning was another Corpus Christi Road Runner Runner of the Year race - the Bill Dodge Memorial Run down by the SEA District. I love running around that area because the route is usually up and down the bayfront! However I weather here in South Texas has been very wet and I was hoping we would be spared but the good Lord said we needed rain! I estimated my time off a girl I was pacing since I didn't have my phone. Unofficially I ran around a 10:16 average which isn't bad. 

My first 5K in a few months...gotta love putting your life on semi hold for a wedding!

Just a few of the puddles we ran through
Downtown Corpus Christi.
If you have never been here the Hooks Baseball team plays at Whataburger Field on the left
and to the right (not pictured) is the famous Brewster Street Ice House

I left my phone in the truck, otherwise it would have been a very expensive run! I do not usually run without music but listening to the rain and thunder wasn't so bad. 

After the almost hour drive home I was cold and hungry! Egg nog in my coffee and yes....3 eggs! 
IAAP posted the race results!!
Finished in 31:12 (average mile split 10:02)
     2nd place in my category of 30 - 34 Female

No comments:

Post a Comment