Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Beach To Bay 2015


 This was my third Beach to Bay Relay to participate in and I have run a different leg each time. This year I took the 4th leg...the base leg. It runs through the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station.


Becky had our shirts made and I love them! This is the back. The front says WTF!


We ran in honor of a guy named Christopher Harlan who our first leg runner served with in Afghanistan. He was a machine gunner and a purple heart recipient but he took his own life. I researched how often that happens and the numbers are so high. According to the stats, 22 soldiers take their own life each day. If you want to help stop that you can go to stopsoldiersuicide.org  and donate. 

Waiting in line with Becky for the bus to her leg. The sweet girl that took this picture actually just found me in Instagram so that was pretty cool! Unfortunately she is headed back to California this summer otherwise I might have had a new running buddy! But I have heard the bay area is nice and maybe I will just have to find a run out there to do!


My race day outfit! I pulled out the flag capris that I usually wear on the 4 on the 4th run since I was running on base. I tried to say thank to every military person who was working our run on the base. I got pretty close to accomplishing that. 


Chute selfie! Finished my 4.83 miles...not as fast as I wanted but the humidity had to be in the 80 something percent. Overall we finished with a 4:33 times for the relay. 626th place overall out of 2046 teams. In our division of odds and ends we placed 225th. 

Until next year Beach to Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment