Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Out of the funk

After three days of feeling like crap from allergies, I finally got to the gym for cardio boot camp this morning! I don't ever get to finish the whole workout because I have to get ready for work but got in 2 miles and 2/3 of the workout. 
_____________________________________________________________

So as promised, my meals so far......I am really trying to do everything I can to get my glucose levels down on my own without the help of meds. 

This was Monday's dinner that I picked up while grocery shopping. Dave and I had these last week before he left. This is how they are packaged and all you do is put it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. For $7 you seriously cannot beat it! I didn't finish all the potatoes since lots of carbs are a no-no. 


Snack prepped for the week since I didn't get to it on Sunday. I love these containers. I bought them off Amazon and they just make prepping so much easier. Snack packs included colby jack cheese, grapes, strawberries, whole raw pecans, carrot, and a turkey roll up. 


Dinner last night was a variation of Everyday Paleo's Spicy Stuffed Bell Peppers. I had never done stuffed peppers with sausage so it was a little different. I don't think I would do it again though. 


And tonight's dinner is just going to be amazing! I brined a whole chicken (first time for everything) over night and then used Salt Lick Garlic Dry Rub before I threw it in the crock-pot. There are large chunks of onion and potato in the pot too. 


3 MORE DAYS until the 15K trail race and I get more nervous every day. I am hoping I have the strength to pull it out with my girlfriends. I am feeling so much better today so fingers crossed this crud is gone for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment