Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Baby Oinkers

Dave was off this past weekend so our friends invited us up to their family ranch to relax and float the Frio River. Of course we didn't say no and Dave just HAD to drive the Jeep! Their ranch is in Leakey which is about 3'ish hours away from us and their property is just beautiful. You cannot beat the Texas Hill Country!


Saturday morning after breakfast the guys and I went down to the hog trap to see what we had. It was a beautiful thing when 5 little piglets were stuck. Now for those who don't know, Dave and I process our own meat that we hunt during season. We make sausage (all kinds) and save the rest for chili meat and ground meat for burgers. IF we have enough pork he will save me the shoulders to cook in the slow cooker which are some of the best eating ever! 


We thanked the Lord for the food, loaded them up and headed back to the cleaning shack. When it came time to leave, Dave and I were lucky enough to leave with three of them!

Now not sure if it was the tubing on Sunday or sitting in the Jeep for 3.5 hours but my lower back was killing me Sunday night and on into Monday morning so yesterday's run was a no go. But this morning's run was good. I am getting up a little earlier so I can start hitting my 5 mile mark and maybe have a little bit more time for stretching. 


Just over 4 miles this morning (plus ab series).....my legs were doing great, it was breathing to keep up that was though. It is progress not perfection so I will just keep going to try to hit my goals one run at time!


No comments:

Post a Comment