Wednesday, July 30, 2014

39th Armed Forces Beach to Bay Relay Run


So about a week before the big Beach to Bay run that is held every year here in Corpus Christi I was stuck in this big black boot! How come you say....well I was changing up my stride, something a CrossFit coach told me to do, since I am a heal striker. Well in doing so I started to get a stress fracture on the outside of my foot. My friend who help me through all of it is an LAT at a local high school and he also told me that the colorful Nikes I was wearing really did nothing to support my foot either. Needless to say I wore this boot everyday during the day for about three weeks and it helped so much! It enabled me to keep training and run my first 10K!


I chose to run the first leg of Beach to Bay which is.......the beach leg! Duh! It gave me a great excuse to spend some time at my first home here in Corpus Christi. I love the island. I miss the island. I miss the beach. I miss the friends I made, the bars I went to, and the lifestyle that comes with living so close to the water. 


This year the winds were roughly around 20 MPH give or take and the majority of the leg that I ran was into the wind! Ugh! But I finished. My average pace per mile wasn't that great but given the super loose sand and wind that day I will take it. 

Beach to Bay has all ready opened up registration for 2015 and I am definitely going to run it again. I think this next one I want to run the third leg. If you have never been a part of this awesome relay you definitely need to put it on your race bucket list! Plus coming to Corpus Christi is always a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment