Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Warrior Dash 2014





On my way down the giant slide leading into a pool of freezing, muddy water


This was coming up out of one of the last water obstacles. I look exhausted!
I absolutley love my face in this picture! I was jumping over the fire at the tail end of the run. 
I completed the entire course in right around an hour. I tried to run as much as I could but the ranch was super hilly and rocky. 
I was really excited for this run! I traveled to Smithville, Texas for it solo. I couldn't find anyone who wanted to do it with me but that wasn't going to stop me. It would have been tons of more fun if I had some friends...but the challenge was still fun in itself. A 5k through a privately owned ranch with hills, creek beds, rocky terrain and not to mention all the obstacles that the course boasts. I think this will be a run that I do every year. I really enjoyed the challenege, traveling (even if it was only a few hours in the truck), and the cause that they raise money for. Hopefully in 2015 I will have a team of friends to do it with me.

As part of this challenge I participated in raising money for St Jude's Children's Hospital. I raised just over $300 which had some great perks: private bag check, showers, free food and drinks!
**********************************************
Do you have a Warrior Dash race under your belt? If so which one did you complete? Would you do it again?

What is one of your favorite organizations that receives donations from your races?

No comments:

Post a Comment