Thursday, August 7, 2014

Gusto Race Series 10K


There is a first time for everything that this was it! My very first solo registered 10K! I have relayed the Harbor Half previously which is 13.1 split into two so I ran roughly 6 or so miles then but I was not as conditioned or prepared as I was for this one. 


You can see me in the black and white printed pants, pink'ish top and my Costa glasses behind the guy in the blue shirt. I happened to stumble upon this race series while scoping the Internet like always. I got lucky and it takes place in my hometown of San Antonio, which is only two hours away from where I currently live. Since it is a marathon training series put on by a local group in San Antonio there wasn't any photogs but some managed to get me coming from the starting line which was cool.


I really like this series and I am going to try to make all five races next year. I couldn't do it this year because of my bachellorette party in New Orleans and then because of the wedding. But this race was a challenge. Once I hit the 5th mile it got tough for me. I didn't walk until then. I had a goal to finish in 70 minutes or under and I made it with 1:09:25 per the official race chip results.

My finisher photo!!


I MADE MY GOAL!

That was all I cared about it! I had fun too. But once it was over it was then another race to get back to Alice to shower, change, and leave again for a baby shower I was co-hosting and then a bridal shower for my fiance's cousin's new bride. Needless to say it was a long day and my two hour long nap i had after it was all over felt AHHHHH-Mazing!

*****************************************
What has been your most challenging race to date?

What is one city that you would absolutley love to visit? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment