Monday, August 11, 2014

Gusto Race Series 8K

So my training for this race fell off the map bad the week before the race. My parents were in town the weekend before and my mom stayed the week to help with more DIY wedding projects. Since I still have to work full time during the day that left the few afternoon/nighttime hours to take care of everything I had on my list to do with her. Check out the Instagram to see what we accomplished.

So after work Friday, mom and I drove back to New Braunfels. Since the race is only about 30 minutes from her place, I stayed with them that night.

I am in the blue stripped shirt with my black head wrap and as always Costas!

12th Place in my category (30 - 39)
30th Place overall female
46th Place overall participants
I was/am so proud of myself for this run! My first two miles I was averaging around 9:30 but the hills in the beautiful course kicked my butt! And since my mom was in town all last week I didn't get a run in - wedding stuff took over!
They haven't posted race photos yet so I will add those later. I am definatley going to do all five of these races next year! 








***************************************
Have you ever participated in a race series? If so, which one and what was your goal?




No comments:

Post a Comment