Saturday, August 23, 2014

Training this week

Monday turned into rest day. I am not gonna lie it was nice to sit on the couch with the pups after the busy weekend I had and work.

Tuesday I decided to try a speed workout after reading The Hungry Runner Girl post up her speed workout for the week. I wasn't able to do as many intervals as her but I did do a 1 mile warm up 4 x .25 (7.5 MPH) & .25 (5.5 MPH) and a half mile cool down. I will say it was way more fun than just running 3 or 4 miles on a hill setting. Then I hopped on the elliptical for 15 minutes before stretching and rolling out my legs. I am going to try to keep this up at least once a week and hopefully I will be able to do more intervals and at a faster pace.



Alice Boot Camp is conducted three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) in the AM and PM. I cannot make the AM sessions because I would be super late to work but I usually go in the afternoons. Friday, since it is a rare weekend I am not leaving town (until Saturday actually), I was able to make the 6 PM class then head home with enough daylight to mow the yard since the Fiance is still on hitch for another week.


Last but not least a Saturday morning run since I was actually home! I was aiming for four miles but I ran into some friends at the park and ended up doing just over 6 and PR'd a 10K! I was super proud of myself for that one considering it wasn't even a race. 


Now off to Houston for a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment