Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Must Have Gear Lately

I am by no means an expert or seasoned runner but I do have somethings that I just can't seem to live without when it comes to my runs. I am always on a budget so I don't have the latest and greatest things money can buy however I have made due with what I can afford.

1. iPhone & Nike GPS Running App - I have been using this app for a few years now and so far, for me, it seems to work the best when it comes to tracking my runs and coaching. Ideally it would be great to run without the cords of my earphones so I am keeping my fingers crossed maybe I can get a pretty cool set of bluetooth earbuds for Christmas or my birthday!

2. Right before my Beach to Bay 2014 run I had to get new running shoes. I was battling a potential stress fracture and the Nikes I was running in just didn't provide the correct support for my foot. So I headed to the Fleet Feet Sports in Corpus Christi and got fitted for my first pair of Asics Gel Cumulous and I must say, so far they are doing well for me. I only wear them when I run or when I am working out (usually after my run) so that I don't wear them wrong from walking.

3. If you haven't seen or heard about Fabletics yet, mostly on Facebook, then you should definatley check them out. I got my first outfit for $29 I think and I absolutley love the leggings that I got. They stay in place, they aren't too thin (so your butt doesn't show through), and they look pretty dang cool! By far my fave pair to date!

4. I recently started wearing a calf sleeve on my right leg. So far it seems to be helping and it is something I cannot really run without right now. I am not sure if it is all the treadmill work I am doing right now (since it is usually around 100 degrees when I am able to run during the week) or the increase in mileage but I picked mine up at Academy for $10 or $15. I wanted to see if it would help before I ordered a more expensive one online.

5. A mainstay on this list will always be my Costa Sunglasses! There is only one place in Corpus Christi you can get prescription Costa Sunglasses and I wear mine all the time - running, fishing, driving, at the ranch...you name it!

No comments:

Post a Comment