Monday, July 6, 2015

4 on the 4th & Monday Miles

The Corpus Christi Road Runners put on the 4 on the 4th every year and this was my 2nd year to participate! The route was a little different but as always, I enjoy running along the bayfront of Corpus Christi. 

Dotted along the bayfront are these little pergolas that you can hang out in and people watch, that is what I do atleast. We have one that is dedicated to the memory of Tejano star Selena so if you haven't found it yet, it is along there somewhere. 


Our little city doesn't have a whole host of things to do but when they built the splash park I thought it was such a neat idea. The concrete running path is right along side this. Normally in the early morning when we run it isn't up and running but if you are ever in the downtown Corpus Christi area, you should check it out! It is near the visitors information stand.


Just as last year, my Nike GPS fouled up and I didn't get a super accurate reading from it so I went off the race clock to sync my run. If you lock your phone before the run begins it won't really start tracking your run. Slower than last year but I am OK with that. I have decided I am running for mileage not speed. Either way, I had fun, enjoyed the scenery as well as the company of other runners. 


Monday miles in full force today. After sleeping on and off for almost 14 hours Saturday night my body was recharged for this morning. Living in a small town that I am not from means not too many friends and my only close one here just moved to Montana Saturday. 4 miles is the minimum for runs this week. The 15K trail run will be here before I know it so I have got to get my mileage up.  


I did a little run/walk scenario this morning which made the run much easier. Burned over 600 calories which was a bonus too! Looking forward to my tempo run tomorrow with this mileage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment