Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ice Burns?


Tempo Tuesday and it was a good run!

1 mile warm up at 5.8
.5 at 6.0
.5 at 6.4
.5 at 6.0
.5 at 6.4
1 mile cool down at 6.0

Did 3x20 sit ups and I figured why not try to kill two birds with one stone and use the foam roller at the same time. Worth a shot but totally not the same. I rolled out my calves once I was finished.

I am hoping to be able to make my warm up and cool down paces above the 6.0 mark this month.  

Excuse my blurry selfie pictures as I am usually not working out with any buddies at 5:30 AM.


I ran out of eggs so I have to wait until pay day, Friday to get more from my farm egg hook-up. Until then I have plenty of smoothie stuff to get me through refueling in the mornings. Made a green protein smoothie and drank it while I iced down my shins. 


However late on in the day I couldn't figure out why my legs were itching.....this is what happened! 

The only thing I can think of is I burned myself with my ice pack. I have never had this happen and it was quite uncomfortable. I really think I will stick to my Dr Cool Wraps as much as possible. Has this ever happened to anyone else?


One of my favorite dinners this week, that is why I had to share. Two salmon in a pouches mixed with salt, pepper, lemon pepper and flax seeds on top of a field green salad with a sweet potato on the side. It was so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment