Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stretching & Oven Bacon

Thursdays are hill days for me. The plan called for atleast 4 miles this morning but it wasn't happening. My tummy had other ideas and my legs were super tight. I am starting to realize the hard way the importance of stretching after running and foam rolling on a regular basis. I only got in 2 miles before the floor and roller were calling my name. 

Disappointed, definitely! But I ran so I need to be grateful for that. Two more runs this week are on the books. Saturday I plan on going to Corpus to run the trail we are running for our race next month. I want to have an idea of what exactly I got myself into! 


Gym selfies are usually not my thing but I wanted to show off the tank that I got! #TexasStrong came about during the Floods of 2015. I bought it because all the proceeds went to help the victims around the Wimberely area from the floods during memorial Day. Unfortunately they still have yet to find two children from the Corpus Christi area which just breaks my heart. 


I wanted to make breakfast today and skip my shake so to kill two birds with one stone (get ready and make food) I tried to make bacon in the oven. I had seen others do it but hadn't tried it myself yet. 


I used my Le Cruset griddle that we got as a wedding present and it was great! I didn't time how long I had them in there but I did end up broiling them for maybe 3 or 4 minutes just before I pulled them out to make sure they were crispy. I hate floppy bacon!


And breakfast is served! Scrambled eggs, bacon, and coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment