Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday miles and some honesty

I spent the weekend in Georgetown visiting my parents and it was a nice needed mini vacay. I took Bailey with me and she always enjoys to travel. Downtown Georgetown is so quaint and the antique shops are full of some pretty amazing things. But my favorite part is there is a satellite location of Grape Creek Vineyards there. I have to stop in every time and pick up a bottle or two. You cannot buy their wines anywhere but the wineries or you have to be a wine club member. 

Saturday we also made our way to the Round Rock Outlet mall so I could get my very first pair of Chucks! I am getting used to them, as I normally only wear running shoes. They kinda feel like I am wearing skis or something but I bought them to wear to work. I like that I can wear them with skirts, casual dresses, and pants. 


I told myself I would run while I was in Georgetown but it was nice to not have a schedule so I took the weekend off. But this morning it was back to it. I had a great run this morning. Other than my SI joint acting up since last week, my legs and shins felt amazing! I am looking forward to increasing my mileage to 5 this week if this keeps up. 


I found this on Pinterest and I thought it was pretty funny! During the hot months in South Texas, a treadmill for me is an essential piece of equipment however it can get so boring after a while. 


So after the wedding I tried to stay to my good eating habits but it seemed all I did was worry about what I was eating, how much I was working out, and how the house always seems to need to be cleaned. I told myself I was going to stop worrying about the need to look a certain way. Well, that in-turn made my eating habits head off into left field and as of this morning I have reached my highest weight of my life. With that being said it is back to better eating, drinking, and better sleeping habits. I am going to start keeping up with my weight loss here as a way to hold myself accountable and to have a record of it. 

Right after college (almost 10 years ago) I got up to 185 (my current weight) but I started working out with a trainer and eating right and I got down to 155 or 160. It was awesome! I felt great. Now I am not so sure that 160 would be attainable but if I can get back down to 170 or 175 I would be stoked. So here it goes. My path to lose 10 to 15 pounds starts today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment