Friday, July 24, 2015

Fartlek Friday and more pork

Since Wednesday night was church night I didn't cook so that meant that lunch yesterday was a Bistro Salad and I added egg and avocado to it. I love the salad bowls from HEB because they have a good variety, they are affordable, and more than enough to fill you up as a meal. 


A friend from church happened to have buckets full of extra limes so she brought me some. My first thought - I need more beer! HA! But I looked up a few recipes to use some of the limes and I found a great chili & lime chicken recipe. I had leftover shrimp that I had been eating all week for dinner so I threw those in there too. It was delish! I think I used the Betty Crocker recipe, just an FYI. Next time I want to try the honey ginger and lime recipe that I found as well. 


Too bad we don't have an ice cream man otherwise I might have more motivation to run outside in the summer heat. 


After my disappointing run yesterday I was really hoping today would go much better and it did! Such a great Fartlek run this morning. If I eat dinner early then I notice my tummy isn't rumbling in the mornings.


Tomorrow the plan calls for 4 -5 miles and if this week is any indication of how it will go, I should have a successful run outside for the first time in a few weeks.


Boston Pork Butt.....yum! HEB had them on sale for $1 per pound so I got one to cook now and one that was cryovacked for later. I rubbed Dave's seasoning and Saltlick Garlic Dry rub on it, seared the sides, and it is now slow cooking allllllll day. I am beyond excited about this. I usually only buy chicken because we have a stand up freezer full of homemade sausage but when good meats go on sale that I cannot just pass up, it is nice to have a little variety in my meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment