Monday, July 27, 2015

The life of a klutz

I had a girl once tell me that it takes a lot of skill to fall on flat surfaces....and she is right! But I can fall just about anywhere, anytime, barefoot or not. My best friend came in last minute so I didn't get my Saturday morning run in. I was ok with it because I had a good week. Plus breakfast and the beach sounded way better right about then. Living in a small town away from my friends in family means when they do come visit, I pretty much drop everything to hang out with them. 

But first, my glorious Boston Pork Butt that I slow cooked on Friday made an amazing dinner! 


I actually ate this same thing twice - once Friday night and once Sunday night. There is a sweet potato underneath there I promise!


I have been driving the Hubster's truck all week because I needed it to take the furkids to the vet so it came in handy this weekend going to the beach. 


I love living so close to the beach. I don't get in the water (have you seen our water....it's brown) But I do love the atmosphere and spending time outside. However the older I have gotten I realized the dangers of skin cancer so I pretty much stayed under that tent on the tailgate wearing my long sleeve fishing shirt. And I must say my Irish self didn't get sun burned!

The worst part of the weekend - a slippery boat trailer and me. After we pulled a few rocks out of it I was good to go but I am sidelined today and maybe tomorrow because it absolutely hurts. 



I finished the weekend off with three days of meal prep since Dave is supposed to be home on Wednesday, if not sooner. I love the containers I got from Amazon....they make prepping so easy!


Breakfast - leftover pork mixed with onion and an egg to scramble. 

Snack - cheese, summer sausage, celery with PB, and fruit

Lunch - Cold pea and green leaf salad with a hard boiled egg & organic ground beef mixed with potato, tomato, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno with a side of corn and fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment