Friday, June 12, 2015

A good pair of socks

I never quite realized just how important it is to have such a good pair of running socks. Some people need the extra cushion at the back so they don't get blisters above their heel, some like thin socks, some like thick socks.....I apparently need moisture wicking socks and socks with extra cushion around my arch. 


Tuesday I made the mistake of wearing a thin pair of socks to run in which in turn caused blisters on my arches on both feet! So Thursday morning called for a warm up on the elliptical and a cross training session. Friday, which is not a rest day, I had to take off to make sure I could get in a run on Saturday in Corpus by the beach. 

I have some good pair of socks that I can run in but I am curious as to what everyone else likes on their feet. Saucony and Asics have been good to my feet however I have seen lately some runners are impressed with Bombas and then there are the classics Nike and UA. 

Funny enough this happened and Runners World Magazine published an article on Choosing the Right Running Sock and Womens Running Magazine posted an article of the 4 Products for Happy Feet

Fuel for the day was fresh farm eggs scrambled and mixed with sausage (homemade from last season 60% 40% venison), topped with homemade chilipitin hot sauce with a side of sweet pot fries and of course coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment