Monday, June 8, 2015

Will run for food

Saturday was the Pancake Run that Corpus Christi Road Runners put on and Becky & I decided to go. It was only a three miler but running next to the Oso and much closer to the bay, the humidity was an ass kicker!

And breakfast was delish! Blueberry pancakes, bacon, and sausage!  


Becky is one of my favorite people to run with. We have relayed a few runs and run solo together. We are registered for the 15K trail run at the Oso in August together. After our run Saturday I realized we might need to run more often around Oso to get used to the weather. 


Saturday was canning all day for the fair on Sunday. So fuel for the day was a salmon burger on a bed of spring mix lettuce, an avocado, cherry toms from the garden, grilled okra, and blue cheese crumbles! 

Sundays are usually rest days and since I had the craft fair I kept it that way. 

 My Monday Miles - a 5K hill series on the treadmill with abs afterwards. This is week 2 of transitioning AM workouts and it is going good so far. I didn't even snooze my alarm this morning!


So some friends gave me two duck eggs to try. He said that he mixes a duck egg with a chicken egg because he thinks the duck eggs are more rich. So I took his advice when I made myself breakfast this morning and mixed one of each. 


The end result of my breakfast but I will be honest, I was not a huge fan of the duck egg and how it mixed with my chicken egg. Are there any different recipes to do with duck eggs? I still have one more. I am thinking of hard boiling it to see what the difference there is between the two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment