Monday, June 29, 2015

Adios Andrea!

I kicked off my Saturday morning with a run down on the Beach Walk at North Beach in Corpus. I was picking up one of my close friends for a girls night in San Antonio at the Riverwalk so I thought it would be good to change up my locations. Plus it is so much harder running by the water. It is a good challenge considering the trail run is in Corpus in just 6 weeks. Even though Alice is only an hour away the humidity and wind are so much worse it seems. 


The Beach Walk goes along the beach (obvi) from down by the USS Lexington to a turn around point before you hit the bridge to go into Portland. It was a short run but it was brutal. If you have never been to Corpus Christi, you at least have to come once. There isn't a super bunch to do but it is a great little town. From the bay here in downtown to North Padre Island to Port Aransas. I have been in the Coastal Bend now for six years which is the longest I have ever been anywhere other than where I grew up in San Antonio. 


The crew for Saturday night....Me, Sara, Andrea, and Kelly. Andrea is moving to Montana to join her husband who has been working there for almost three months. I have only been close to her for about 6 - 8 months but I am going to miss her bunches. We met through church and just clicked. We are both oilfield wives which is nice to have that in common. Not many women understand the life of an oilfield wife. I don't have many friends and I am loosing one. But there is great hunting and fishing in Montana so we will be making a trip up to visit soon. 


Monday miles were not what they were supposed to be. My runs where all supposed to be at minimum 4 miles this week but I had a restless night of sleep and I just wasn't feeling it this morning. I got is 2.5 and abs which is better than staying in bed. 


I am going to finish June out strong! I am hoping to hit 45 miles for the month which is a new monthly record for me. I will let you know tomorrow how that goal goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment