Tuesday, June 30, 2015

One for the books

It is all downhill from here! The second half of this year is going to be awesome!

The struggle Tuesday morning was real. I did crawl back in bed for a hot minute before I realized I would not be doing what I said I was going to do. Out of bed I got for my tempo run and reached my goal of 4 miles. The plan is to keep my minimum runs at 4 miles for a week or two before upping it again. 


I do like tempo runs. They are great for slowly making me increase my pace and not peeter out just because my head thinks I am tired. It is easier on a treadmill....I haven't tried a tempo run outside yet. 


I was killing time on Pinterest the other day and found this. I saved it since I seem to have so many problems with shin splints. I was told it is because I have high arches hence the inserts in my Asics. So on rest day tomorrow I am going to re-lace my shoes and see if I can start to feel a difference in my runs. 


My mid year progress. Most mileage for a month and over 170 miles for the year so far. I am pretty proud of that right there! I lost about 3 weeks of my life in April due to the vertigo so I know I would have been at an even better total mileage number if I had been able to run without running into something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment