Friday, June 26, 2015

Hill Series & a Runners Survey

I live around primarily flat roads so if I want to get in hill training I run when I go visit family or I do the hill series on the treadmill. 


 Yesterday I kicked it up to level 3, which I had never done before, and set my mind to it! I didn't want to over do it so I figured as long as the incline is below 1, I would stay at 10:00 pace; incline below 2, I would stay at 10:24 pace; and incline below 3, I would stay at 10:54 pace. That seemed to work well for me. I only had to worry about changing my pace instead of pace and incline. I am sure if I had to do both I would fall off the treadmill! And I liked not knowing what was coming so I couldn't talk myself out of a big hill. 


I finished up with abs and I rolled out my shins. I told you the foam roller and I would become besties!


I have also found that I prefer to have my hair in a french braid than a ponytail when I run. There is less strain on my head. I have thick, long hair; even though I just had two inches cut off.


Go to breakfast smoothies at home are the HEB Blendables. I can only get a certain few of them because of my food allergies. This green smoothies is awesome! It has green apples, pears, kale, and something else but I add more kale and kiwis and blend it together with coconut water plus a scoop of protein powder. If you have an HEB in your city you can find it in the frozen breakfast section and always be on the lookout for coupons for them too! 

So I follow Hungry Runner Girl on her blog and her insta account and today she posted a runners survey that I thought I would share as well. 

1.  Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
                That is a tough one to answer. First thought is beach path but I live in the Coastal Bend of Texas. A mountain trail would be so beautiful and something I do not get to do.

2.  If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
                I am a traditional lemon lime fan all the way!

3.  If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
                Currently, I would go screeching with excitement to buy the Asics Gel Cumulus 17’s that came out.

4.  Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
                I am OCD planner type of person is almost all aspects of my life so I started using my BELIEVE training journal this year. I actually got two for Christmas so I am set for 2016 too!

5.  Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
                Start with an uphill and end with a downhill for sure!

6.  When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
                The gym I go to has an awesome boot camp instructor as well as a spin instructor so I will drop in when I feel like it.

7.  What is your preference—>  Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
                Point to point, then out and back and then loop.

8.  If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
                To go get the correct pair of shoes from the beginning. FleetFeet is great at helping with that!

9.  Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
                Not usually but I do get chased by dogs quite frequently.

10.  Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
                Not yet but I think it might be fun! Maybe when I go visit my sister in Carlsbad, CA I will try it!

11.  If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
                Nom Nom Paleo’s Crispy chicken, steamed or sautéed veggies, and a sweet potato would just be amazing!

12.  Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
                Capris. I have thunder thighs so shorts just don’t work for this girl!

13.  At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
                It takes me a solid mile before I feel like I am ready to conquer my run.

14.  What do you do with your key when you run?
                BUY A FORD! That is my only advice if you are a runner. My door has a keypad so I do not ever have to worry about it. Just don’t forget your passcode.

15.  If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
                My first 10K race in San Antonio

16.  What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
                I just started tempo runs and they are kicking my butt so yeah….right now they kinda suck in my book.

17.  What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
                That I do not want to stay the same. A body in motion stays in motion and I want to reach my goals.

18.  When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
                It depends on if I am running solo or if I am running with a buddy.

19.  When running in daylight—>  are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
                A MUST! I love my Costa Del Mars sunglasses. I am usually easy to spot in race photos because I always have them on.

20.  When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting? 
                I have to have a serious pep talk in my head. It is like there are little people bickering about if I should quit or not. It is quite comedic now that I think about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment