Monday, June 15, 2015

New Goodies!

I decided to stay in Friday night because I really wanted to get up on Saturday morning and run. I am glad I did. I met up with Becky and we ran the neighborhood together. We met up at 8 AM thinking the weather wouldn't be too brutal but it was all ready 80 something degrees with humidity at well over 70%! I think next time we will meet at 7 AM. There should be enough light then. 


I went into Corpus Christi to meet up with friends for lunch but I also really wanted to get new socks after my feet fiasco this past week. However sending me into Academy is just a disaster waiting to happen. I went in for socks then remembered I needed more tape and then wondered over to the clothing section. The socks are proving to work quite well. I am loving the fact that I now have a container for my tape and I think I prefer the Pro over the regular. And this is the second Nike shirt I have in this color. I love it. And I love the thin material. 


Sunday mornings to me are just the best. I wake up without an alarm, turn on the American Country Music Review and on Sundays it is Christian Country countdown. I drink my coffee and make my breakfast all before church. 
But yesterday I woke up in a funk and even after spending the day  outside with my friend and her boys playing in the pool I felt I needed a short run. I am glad I did it. 


Monday miles meant upping my mileage to start the week. Pretty much stayed consistent with 5k's last week but need to get in consistent 4 milers this week. 


This foam roll technique for shin splints is no joke. I almost yelled in the gym when I started this. I also am taping a bit differently. Instead of starting my long piece of tape at my ankle I am starting it just under the arch of my foot and taking it up from there. We will see how it goes. 


I am terrible at taking gym selfies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment