Thursday, June 4, 2015

Rise and Run

This week started my change of schedule to start running in the mornings instead of after work when the South Texas heat and humidity is almost unbearable. 

I took last week off to focus on my flood relief donations efforts and deliver everything we had on Sunday. If you haven't kept up with the floods that are going on all around Texas, then I would google it or you can check out my posts on it HERE and HERE. For my husband and I, the floods that hit the hill country really hit home for us since I am from the north side of San Antonio and he is a Texas State Alumni. Also, Corpus Christi had three local families that were swept away in the flood and as of this morning three members of those families are still missing. 

I did start my week off right thanks to my sister in law! We stayed with them Sunday after an long day so Monday morning I woke up early and went to CrossFit Seguin with her.

 
Tuesday I was sore...not gonna lie! But I got up at 5 AM and made it to the gym for a short 2 miles and abs. I am trying to make that a habit as well...every time I run, I do abs. Not only because having a strong core helps with running but because I would like a more toned tummy!


Wednesday was national running day but it was also my rest day. I got into running later in life...maybe a few years ago. It is a challenge for me to try to reach the goals I set for myself but I do enjoy. I am not the fastest, or the cutest in my outfits, nor do I run the longest but I am a runner in my own right and I will continue to run until my body tells me no more.

Thursday, oh Thursday! I seriously turned off my alarm at 5 and rolled over to go back to bed before the voice in my head started yelling me to get my ass out of bed! I am so glad I did. I got it another 2 miles and ab series. And for me the best part of getting up early and getting my day started is breakfast and coffee!



YUMMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment