Saturday, January 3, 2015

American Bank Half Marathon Relay

Team Two of a Kind
I was so nervous for this race and I am not sure why. I think I get nervous for the 10k's because they are the challenging races for me right now. The rain finally stopped but it was in the mid 40's the whole race. We started on Shoreline and went down to Palmetto Park on Ocean and then headed back. I ran the second the leg. 

Results:
My leg time - 1:08:11.9
Total team time - 2:19:16.2
Average team pace - 10:53 (however I was more on track at 10:30 for the most part of the race)

My partner Becky coming in for the hand off
Finish strong!!
Team Two of a Kind!
I met Becky a year or so ago now I guess at an IronMan competition a local fitness guy put on.
I switched over to her CrossFit box until it closed last May.
Now she is one of my fave running buddies!

I didn't PR like I was hoping but overall I am very pleased with how I ran. I didn't walk near as much as my Carrera Race last fall.....Maybe .15 of a mile up a hill this time around. The new New Balances held up well and I think the sleeves helped too. I have been battling shin splints so I think both were needed by now. 


Breakfast because I was HANGRY! Whole30 compliant - potato hash, two eggs, cherry tomatoes, sauteed greens, and leftover fruit from my drive to Corpus for the run. I ate everything on my plate!


No comments:

Post a Comment